WEEK 10


For the Manga comics, I read Ranma by Rumiko Takahashi. It was decent, but not great. I didn’t really connect or get engaged in these Manga comics because I wasn’t really familiar with them. Actually, what I think I didn’t like was that it was actually a silly story. Especially that whole panda thing. I felt like the author was bored and just decided to create a random flow instead of thinking through a story that really made sense. Ranma is about a family with three teenaged daughters. One is them must marry Ranma. This story of royal daughters meeting an honorable man has been shown and done in multiple stories, so for it to be interesting, it has to have a twist. Well, there’s a twist here, a gender-bending twist, but it was done poorly and was boring with all the back and forth of what gender Ranma was. I chose to read this comic though because I at least got a sense of the frame style and the imagery of what Manga comics. I tried to have an open mind, but I just didn’t like it as much as many others this semester, and I didn’t get some of the styles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Seven

Week 11

Week Six